Tuesday, December 2, 2008

His heart still needs your prayers

I thank everyone for their prayers and for their thoughts and encouragment for my nephew, it really means alot and I am thankful for all of you out there, that are listening and praying continually.

My nephew got sent home from Cardinal Glennon Hospital about 4-5 days ago. Medication was to substain him as a method of trying to heal the large hole in his heart, know as Ventricular Septal Defect. While the homecoming was great, and we all enjoyed spending time with him, the joy was short as last night my sister and him returned back to the hospital in heart failure yet again. The doctors tell my sister that with a large hole this is normal for him to be in heart failure. What we dont want is complete heart failure. Even though this is normal, this is not a good diagonis. The doctors still want to wait until he is older to operate, but the constant being in heart failure does not look good.

He is having trouble breathing due to this adnormaility in his heart. It's hard to explain without the diagram but if you want to understand it better you can go to http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/heart/vsd.html and they have a diagram to look at that explains more.

I do not have anymore update on what they plan to do today except monitor him, I dont know for how long this time. My sister has had trouble getting him to stay awake long enough to eat, seems as though he gets so wore out being awake.

So prayers are needed for him, he is not even 1 month old and doesnt know anything that is going on, a miracle from God and he needs all your prayers and support as well as his mother my sister who struggles to watch her little child and feels powerless and can not help.

Thank you everyone!!

No comments: